Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Tree

Cam and I were really excited to get a tree this year. The past two years we were moving during the holidays so a Christmas tree was out of the question. This year not only did we have a place to put it but we also have a one year old to share the excitement with!

When we got to the tree farm we told Oakley to choose a tree...This was her choice:


Here is our tree!


Cam's 1st tree cutting experience...






Oakley eating her 1st candy cane...


I'm not sure why, but I imagined a really magical night of decorating the tree as a family with Christmas music playing in the background. I was wrong, Christmas trees and one year olds do not mix well. Here are a few pictures of Oakley removing ornaments and branches...







After fishing a chomped red ball from her mouth, we decided to only decorate the top half of the tree.


Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

Brody and Erin said...

LOL ~ I'm glad Keira isn't crawling or walking yet. I don't have to worry about the Christmas tree this year. You're not the only ones who decorate the top half of the tree... I've seen other people do it. Oakley is so cute as always. I'm so jealous of her cute pigtails!