Monday, August 10, 2009

On the go...

The last few weeks have been quite a challenge! Oakley started crawling, pulling up and climbing all in the same week and has decided that the best time to practice these new skills is in her crib between 4-6am. I'm going a little crazy as neither of us have slept through the night in about three weeks. I feel like I have a newborn again! While Cam and I are exhausted, Oakley is having the time of her life exploring the house and eating every speck of trash on the carpet she can get her chubby hands on! I have a feeling the easy baby days are gone forever. Here are a few pictures of the last few weeks:

We did survive the heat wave...it got to 112 in Ridgefield. Thankfully we stayed with my parents during the hottest days and enjoyed their air conditioning! Once we were home, Oakley found her own ways to stay cool:


We went to the Columbia river:



Oakley turned 9 Months. She is still a big baby...at her appointment she was 80% for height (28.5 inches) and 70% for weight (19lbs. 12 oz). (Wouldn't it be funny if we posted our own weight and height every time we went to the doctors.)


Oakley loves DC... And we miss Cacey



She drove her new car...doesn't she look so grown up here!



And best of all...Oakley loves Barney! We decided (for our own sanity)to try over the next few weeks to get her addicted to Barney so our 12 hour drive to Idaho is less painful. (does this make us bad parents?!)


Have a great week!

1 comment:

Brody and Erin said...

I can't believe that Oakley is 9 months already! That is crazy she is starting to crawl and pull herself up. Too bad she is doing a lot of it in her crib so early in the morning. I feel bad for you... but at the same time it's so funny. Keira will probably do the same some day... and then you can laugh at me. We miss you guys! I'll have to give you a call soon so we can catch up! Give that little girl a squeeze for us!